Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Sunshine

Happy saturday!!! Who says the sun never shines in the Pacific Northwest? I awoke this morning to birds chirping and the bright April sun shining in our bedroom window. Of course, it would have been nice if we had this weather yesterday. We had to postpone the bike ride as it started raining really hard up until sundown. Oh well, there's always some other day. I think today I'll take advantage of this beauty and go for a walk with my little man after his nap. I've been pushing myself to get some form of exersize in everyday. So I still miss some days but trying for everyday allows me to get it in at least 3-5 times a week. I'm still struggling to get back into my pre-pregnancy shape. Pryor to having a baby I was one of those people that ate whatever, never worked out and just stayed naturally thin. Now I find I'm having to work at it and eat much healthier food and it's the pitts. But in the long run this will make me a better parent. If I change my entire lifestyle to a much healthier one by eating ballanced meals and getting lots of physical activity throughout the day, my son will grow up in an environment that encourages good, healthy habits.
Anyhow, I'm still working on that second pair of slippers. I lost a little of my motivation yesterday when I realized I'd have to start from scratch, so the going is pretty slow right now. In the meantime, I'd like to share a few of my past projects that I'm particularly proud of, enjoy and have a wonderful saturday!

All of these purses are hand crocheted without a pattern and lined with hand sewn flannel in fun prints. I also sewed the lining into the purse by hand and added snaps to all but one. The purses are what I love making the most, it's just such a fun process!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment