Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy Work...

Hello and happy Tuesday! It's been a while since I posted, sorry about that. I've been so busy with this custom order I'm working on. Between crochet, motherhood, laundry and cooking I simply haven't had much time for myself in there. I finally finished the first piece of my order and I'm very excited about the way it came out. It's a solid black ribbed infinity scarf with a detachable oriental poppy. I've never made an infinity scarf or a poppy before so this was a big adventure for me! I still have 3 more pieces to make on my order, including a pair of fingerless gloves and two hats! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Here are a few pictures of my scarf....note that it is extremely difficult to photograph a scarf on one's self but I did the best I could.

I've also been on a few new culinary adventures over the past few days. I'm working on a weight loss plan the involves a complete change in diet, permanently! I have this really great cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens called " Eat Well, Lose Weight ". The food is delicious. It really makes eating right enjoyable and proves that healthy food can still taste really good. A couple of nights ago I made Lemon Adoboe Chicken and it was devine. I'm not much of a chicken person but this was very tasty. I highly recommend this cookbook if you're looking to start out on a healthier you!!!

Link Parties I participated in today:

Today's Creative Blog

I also recommend the original Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook as it has some really good low calorie meals as well. Last night we had spicy black beans and brown rice, it's one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment